Wednesday 5 August 2015

Beauty Photo Challenge #4 Favourite Makeup Brushes




Left to Right: Duo Fiber Face Brush, Buffing Brush, Duo Fiber Contour Brush, Buffing Brush, Contour Brush, Duo Fiber Eye Brush

Day 4 of the #beautyphotochallenge is - Favourite Makeup Brushes.

Like most of the world, I’ve gone for the Real Techniques brushesfrom the YouTube beauty gurus, Sam and Nic. They’re everywhere at the moment and rightly so, because they’re fantastic! Their recent Bold Metals collection looks amazing and they’re definitely going to be one of my next purchases.

For now, I own the Real Techniques Core Collection and the Real Techniques Duo Fiber Collection. The core collection is probably the staple of any collection and consists of a detailer brush to target problem areas, a foundation brush for liquid foundation, a buffing brush which is ideal for powder application and a contour brush. Also, you get a handy brush case, which is great for travelling and displaying your brushes. All of the brushes are ridiculously soft and a dream to use on the skin, my favourite brush from this collection is the buffing brush, however I use this to apply my liquid foundation and it gives me a perfect flawless finish.

The second set I purchased was the Real Techniques Duo Fiber Collection for a more lightweight makeup application. This set includes a face brush, contour brush and eye brush. Firstly, this set caught my eye as they look so effortlessly classy! I love the white and black finish. The duo fiber theme also intrigued me. Again, these bushes are beautifully soft and give more of an air brushed finish to the skin. I love the large face brush to set my makeup with a light dusting of powder and I use the small contour brush to apply powder underneath my eyes to set my concealer. Finally, the eye brush is perfect to blend out any harsh lines and apply a pop of colour to the crease.

If you’re on the lookout for the perfect set of brushes, I’d definitely recommend these for price, design, sheer beauty and makeup application. I can’t wait to keep adding to my collection.

Have you tried any of the Real Techniques brushes? If so, get in touch and let me know what you thought about them. 


Jade x 

No comments:

Post a Comment